Code Builder in Minecraft: Education Edition
A coding experience can now be used in-game as "Code Builder" rather than using a separate app ("Code Connection"). Players will be able to launch Code Builder using "C" if you are using a mouse/keyboard or by pressing the agent icon next to pause/chat on the top center of the screen while on touch and the following screen will appear. Below is a walk through video guide on Code Builder.
Agent Improvements (Code Builder)
- You can use `/summon agent` to create or teleport your agent to you
- New command selectors for the agent, `@c` to target your agent, `@v` to target all agents. Only worldbuilders can target all agents. By default all users will have wordbuilder permissions set to false
- You can also now remove agents from the world using selectors, so `/remove @c` to remove your agent or `/remove @v` for all agents. `/remove @e` will also remove all entities and all agents, except other people's agents if the person running the commands isn't a worldbuilder
- The usual type filters can also be used to target particular agents, so `/tp @e[type=Agent,name=Steve.Agent] @s` for instance would look through all entities for those of type agent whose name is Steve.Agent and teleport them to you. For more of a shorthand you could do `/tp @v[name=Steve.Agent] @s` to target a particular person's agent that's not your own
- There's also the agent spawn egg, which provides an easy way to summon or move the agent to you, by using it as you would any other egg
- MakeCode users need to be sure and export and save their project files. When the browser clears it's cache the files will be removed
- Code.org and Scratch will not be present for the in-game Code Builder. You can use the Code Connection app to use these IDEs.
- "/code"" no longer works
- Agent detect up/down does not work correctly with half blocks with Code Builder
- The separate companion app Code Connection is still compatible with Minecraft: Education Edition and Minecraft Bedrock Edition
- All users start with Worldbuilder permissions set to false